Who are the Log Cabin Republicans?
Log Cabin Republicans is the nation’s original and largest organization representing gay conservatives and allies who support fairness, freedom, and equality for all Americans. Log Cabin Republicans have state and local chapters nationwide, full-time staff in Washington, DC, a federal political action committee, and state political action committees.
Log Cabin Republicans of Maryland - Mission
Log Cabin Republicans of Maryland are made up of LGBT Republicans and allies - the primary mission of the Log Cabin Republicans of Maryland is to work on the state and local level, both within & alongside the Maryland Republican Party, to advocate for equal rights for all Americans.
We firmly believe in the principles of limited government, individual liberty, free markets, and a strong national defense. We believe in these conservative values and promote the idea that the republican party is a big tent party where everyone is welcome.
What We Support:
- Marriage Equality
- Employment Nondiscrimination
- Strong National Security
- Tax Reform
- Smaller Government
- Free Markets
- Personal Responsibility
- Basic fairness for LGBT families in adoption, immigration and inheritance laws
On the Local Level
- Maintaining marriage equality in the state of Maryland as settled law
- Uplifting the Maryland economy.
- Supporting waterman and farmers who make up Maryland’s rich history.
- Candidates that support the core principles of the Log Cabin Republicans
- Accountability and strong ethical standards with all elected officials in Maryland.